Curator Mary Osborn succeeded in realizing 4 strands of production:
- Kinds of Pressure, the biggest solo exhibition to date of Alicja Rogalska’s work (2-18 October 2019).
- A residency at Švicarija and a new commissioned video work for Slovenia by Alicja Rogalska named The Aliens Act.
- An online exhibition named: Looking Back to Look Forward (10 October – 31 December 2019)
- A programme of events, including: an artist talk, conversations, a screening and guided tours to further contextualise Alicja’s work and the curatorial research in relation to City of Women’s 25 year history and archive.
The project included collaborations across disciplines, cross-generational collaborations and peer-to-peer learning.
Collaborators and Co-Producers included: Alicja Rogalska, City of Women, Škuc Gallery, Moderna galerija, Ljubljana (MG+MSUM), International Centre of Graphic Arts Ljubljana – MGLC, Kunstencentrum Vooruit and Adam Mickæwicz Institute.
- osborn&møller website
- City of Women website
- Skuc Gallery website
- Looking Back to Look Forward (Online exhibition)
This process has afforded us with a heightened sensitivity to different cultural and institutional modes of operating.