Atelier Panormos – La Bottega – Italian-French-German Residency Programme
Three times a year, for a duration of three months, Atelier Panormos – La Bottega hosts artists from Germany and France for art residencies dedicated to research, production and artistic creation.
Atelier Panormos – La Bottega is a programme run by the Franco-German cultural institute KULTUR ENSEMBLE. The lnstitut français and Goethe–lnstitut, both of which have been residing in the Cantieri Culturali alla Zisa since 2002, organise this new cultural institute in Palermo. The programme is sponsored by the OFAJ/DFJW, the Franco–German Youth Office.
The ltalian–Franco–German art residency will be firmly set in Palermo, a city located in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea, which, for centuries, has been a crossroads of different civilisations and cultures. ln the Cantieri Culturali alla Zisa, a former industrial site transformed into a space of cultural production, the scholarship holders will have access to a shared workspace (La Bottega) and the opportunity to immerse themselves in a dense network of local and international cultural actors and institutions.
THE GRANT INCLUDES
- One return journey between the artist’s home base and Palermo
- A grant amounting to €1,500 per month for a duration of three months
- Accommodation in the Butera Pahace located in Via Butera 8 in Palermo, with access to a kitchen shared with other scholarship holders in the field of artistic production and research
- Access to a shared workspace of 115 m2, the Atelier Panormos – La Bottega in the Cantieri Culturali alla Zisa
- Contribution to costs relating to artistic production amounting up to €3,000 for the entire duration of stay
- Logistic and linguistic support in making contacts in the local art scene
- Support in organizing events, should the residents wish to exhibit their work during or towards the end of their stay
The residency is not to be considered as implicitly linked to the production of pieces of art and/or events such as exhibitions, performances, etc. However, the programme is committed to supporting scholarship holders who wish to present their work.
We call on the residents to participate in any activities of academic and educational kind that may take place during the residency, as well as such activities linked with the programme’s public promotion, which may include meetings and interviews with the press on an international level for example.
Deadline: 23:59 on February 15, 2022 to the following e–mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection’s result will be communicated via e–mail. The selected applications will be published mid–March 2022 on the websites of the Goethe–lnstitut Palermo and lnstitut français Palermo.