i-Portunus for Literary Translation
i-Portunus for Literary Translation
! Wednesday 17 February, 11.00 C.E.T.: webinar organized by Transartists!Apply now
|Call for applications:||9 December 2020|
|Submission Deadline:||28 February 2021 (18:00 CET)|
|Notification of Results:||2 April 2021|
|Earliest date of departure:||1 June 2021|
|Latest date of return:||30 November 2021|
For whom ?
This call for applications is open to literary translators, aged 18+, active in the field of literature, of all educational qualifications and levels of experience, legally residing in a Creative Europe country, (individuals or groups up to 5 people).
i-Portunus provides financial support to partially fund the cost of travel (transport, accommodation etc.) to another (or several) Creative Europe country(ies).
The duration of the mobility must be between 7 and 60 days and must take place before 30 November 2021.
The travel can be continuous or segmented:
- a continuous mobility means that you have one round-trip travel or one multi-destination trip.
- a segmented mobility means that you will travel several times to one or several destinations. Each trip must last a minimum of five days, and the total number of days still has to be between 7 and 60 days.
The main objective of your mobility is preferably one of the following:
- international collaboration: for example, with an author in the framework of a literary translation.
- production oriented residencies: for example, the result of your mobility is the immersion in a specific 'source language context', in the framework of a literary translation.
- professional development: for example, you will take part in network meetings, showcases, workshops, master classes and other types of training outside of formal education.
The conditions of funding are the following:
- A fixed amount of 350,00 EUR for transport.
- Per diems determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the duration of the mobility, and payable for each overnight stay between date of departure and date of return, with the amount depending on the destination country up to maximum 2650,00 EUR/person.
|Group 1||Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, UK||80EUR/day|
|Group 2||Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, overseas countries & territories||70EUR/day|
|Group 3||Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tunisia, Ukraine||60EUR/day|
|Multiple destinations in different groups||70EUR/day|
The maximum amount of the whole grant is 3.000,00 EUR/person.
The total budget earmarked for the mobility support is estimated at 500.000 (five hundred thousand euros). With this budget i-Portunus expects to fund 250 applications, approximately. I-Portunus reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available.
N.B. We will evaluate each call for applications, the response and reaction to the calls, the selection procedure and the results. As a result of this evaluation, we might modify the process and financial support for future calls, so anyone interested in participating should check the rules for each call. i-Portunus is a pilot, after all.
Individuals with a disability
Additional mobility support can be provided to artists, creators and cultural professionals living with a disability. In this case, the applicant should self-declare their access needs and financial support will be based on a case-by-case basis. i-Portunus will ask for receipts of these additional costs.
What should the money be spent on?
i-Portunus mobility support is intended to help you cover the expenses for your individual mobility: transport, accommodation, etc.